Latest release (stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P branch)
Older stable: (Not recommended to use)
- cm-12.1-20160821-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20160616-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20160329-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20160212-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20160109-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20151223-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20151222-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20151024-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- cm-12.1-20150920-UNOFFICIAL-kiton stable/YOG4P
- We will provide OTA for stable builds for now on (20150920)
Nightly: (Not recommended to use)
- cm-12.1-20150827-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC25
- cm-12.1-20150817-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC24
- cm-12.1-20150808-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC23
- cm-12.1-20150723-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC22
- cm-12.1-20150712-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC21
- cm-12.1-20150623-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC20
CM12.1 ROM Highlights
- No manufacturer pre-installed crappy software, you choose what to install!
- Privacy Guard, you choose what permission apps can have!
- Lots of UI tweaks, you choose the UI features!
- CM Theme Engine (lots of themes available)
- Overall fast, smooth and stable
- Good battery life
- Performance modes (also power save mode)
- Good multilanguage support
- Pre-rooted (enable in developer settings)
- Audio FX (equalizer)
- And all other cyanogenmod goodies! Too much to list here
How to install:
READ CAREFULLY: TS CM12.1 STABLE NEEDS CLEAN INSTALL
NOTE: If you dont have custom recovery installed yet, please see instructions for that elsewhere. (see TS TWRP recovery page)
0) If you want to be safe: Backup apps/sms/etc with some app (e..g Titanium)
1) boot into lollipop compatible TWRP (or similar) recovery (TS TWRP highly recommended)
- If using TS TWRP, at least version 184.108.40.206 is recommneded
2) Backup -> swipe to backup
- When coming from ANY other ROM than stable TS CM12.1: (also CM11/CM12/CM12.1 nightly or want to clean install)
- 2.1) Wipe -> Factory reset (Swipe to factory reset)
- 2.2) Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select system partition only (Swipe to wipe)
3) install cm-12.1-xxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-kiton.zip (select from storage or via adb sideload)
4) install gapps same way (if you need/like)
- 4.1) Gapps can be downloaded from various sources. We provide mirror to recommended gapps here
NOTE: All changes in system partition are lost when you update ROM.
K910 recovery flashable kernels:
If you want double tap to wake support you MUST install kernel that supports it.
Be warned: DEV kernels are NOT stable.
K910 firmware update recovery flashable zips:
From VIBEUI v1516: k910_firmware_update_v1516 (latest, recommended)
From VIBEUI v1511: k910_firmware_update_v1511
NOTE: FW UPDATE ZIP ONLY FOR K910, not for K910e or K910L
NOTE2: You don’t necessarily need this! If you are coming from older ROM than VIBEUI v1507, it is recommended to install FW update.
- selinux in permissive mode
- Stock CM12.1 camera HDR mode does not work
- Phone filesystem encryption reported not working (not tested, might work)
- When disabling button backlights, reboot is needed to make’em stay off (work around crappy lenovo kernel)
- SIM card(s) not always detected after boot.
- workaround: reboot again
- Some users cannot enter security settings.
- workaround: Download keystore files and copy files to /firmware/image/ directory with file explorer and reboot.
Some users may not be able to install this ROM due to too small (1GB) system partition.
To fix this: Check out our easy unlock and CM install tool
If in doubt, It is easy to find out size of system partition.
Open RootExplorer (file manager) on your phone, navigate to /proc, and open file “partitions” as text file. The 19th or 20th partition is for /system. if it is 1048676 then the system partition is 1G，if it is 1572864,then the system partition is 1.5G.
In case of 1GB partition, you have to download llaalways‘s repacked ROM with 1GB system partition.
1GB ROM Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTtHG27 password：9nsc
Fix partitions: you’ll need to update your phone via stock sdfuse method with file: K910_SS_S_2_040_0109_131226.qsb and then install CM12.1
Special thanks to:
- llaalways (repacked ROM, bug hunting, general help)
- needk910 (v1516 fw update)
- CyanogenMod team & everyone who’s been working on CM12.1
- Slim gapps
See forum post “FAQ”
See forum post “Reporting Bugs”
We have spent enormous amount of time for porting this ROM.
All work is done in our spare time. We give this for you as free of charge.
If you like our work, please consider donating some money for a new porting equipments.
Or just few bucks for team members to have a nice cold beer after long day of coding 😉
Rom discussion and questions here
– Team Superluminal
* Your warranty is now void. *
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.