- cm-11-20150816-UNOFFICIAL-kiton ST9
- cm-11-20150808-UNOFFICIAL-kiton ST8
- cm-11-20150731-UNOFFICIAL-kiton RC7
- cm-11-20150406-UNOFFICIAL-kiton ST6
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices. Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, Lenovo, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.
This is Team Superluminal cyanogenmod 11 port for your Lenovo K910
Not officially supported, but might work on K910L and K910e
Rom discussion and questions here
CM11 ROM Highlights
- No manufacturer pre-installed crappy software, you choose what to install!
- Privacy Guard, you choose what permission apps can have!
- Lots of UI tweaks, you choose the UI features!
- CM Theme Engine (lots of themes available)
- Overall fast & smooth
- Good battery life, better than stock
- Uses less RAM than stock
- Performance modes (also power save mode)
- Good multilanguage support
- DSP Manager (equalizer)
- And all other cyanogenmod goodies! Too much to list here 😉
– Sync with CM11 repo
– Stable release with known issues
– No more big updates, moving to CM12
NOTE: First boot takes longer time, because SC6500 modem FW update (blue led blinks)
– Fixed mic routing in VOIP apps
– Lenovo v1512 proprietary blobs
– CM11 Fix FREAK attack
– CM11 Fix SystemUpdateService
– Show “Vibrate when ringing” option in dual sim mode
– Widevine DRM support
– Google play movies support
– Lenovo v1511 proprietary blobs
– ROM Extra Settings translations: fi ru
– Double tap to wake
– Media codecs fixes
– Move to CM OTA updater (Thanks to all donors!! Just got server for OTA)
– Minor fixes
– K910L added to updater script
– Fixed Qcomm network location service
– Added Qcomm IZAT location service
– Updated msim stack to caf latest
– Fixed SIM names in messaging app (dual sim)
– Fixed SIM names in dialer app (dual sim)
– Perform fstrim always on boot
– Minor bug fixes
– Fully functional dual SIM !!!
– Ported new msim stack from caf sources to cm11
– Lots of configuration improvements. (e.g. GPS)
– Improved battery life (better idling)
– Device source files cleanup & reorganize (preparing for source release)
– Updated all proprietary blob’s from latest lenovo ROM
– ADB over USB fixed in windows (thanks viking2k)
– EXPERIMENTAL Support for dual SIM (see Known Bugs section)
– Charger mode fixed
– OTA update support
– Multiregional GPS config
– Fixed USBOTG
– Possibly fix for “home button bug after update”. At least we are not able to reproduce the bug in latest build anymore
K910 firmware update recovery flashable zips:
See download links APK & GAPPS
From VIBEUI v1516: k910_firmware_update_v1516 (latest, recommended)
From VIBEUI v1511: k910_firmware_update_v1511
NOTE: FW UPDATE ZIP ONLY FOR K910, not for K910e or K910L
NOTE2: You don’t necessarily need this! If you are coming from older ROM than VIBEUI v1507, it is recommended to install FW update.
- DUAL SIM (Enable in ROM Extra Settings)
- Double tap to wake (Enable in ROM Extra Settings)
- Smart cover (Enable in ROM Extra Settings)
- SIM1 RIL (mobile network & data)
- SIM2 RIL (mobile network)
- Network location
- Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
- Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
- Hardware video decoding & encoding
- USB, USBOTG
- FM radio
- Performance modes
- “Charging only” mode
- OTA updates
- All cyanogenmod goodies 😉
- K910e: CDMA data reported not working (Will not be fixed, as we dont have possibility to test it)
- DUALSIM: CM11 MSIM In-call UI crash when call is active and open dialpad + press back.
Work around: Just open in-call ui again from status bar.
- DUALSIM: Bluetooth headset cannot control dialer. Some BT systems do not work at all (no audio)
- DUALSIM: SIM2 mobile data not working.
How to install
NOTE: If you dont have custom recovery installed yet, please see instructions for that elsewhere. (see TS TWRP recovery page)
1) boot into TWRP (or similar) recovery (TS TWRP recommended)
2) Backup -> swipe to backup
When coming from other ROM: (or want to clean install)
3) Wipe -> Factory reset
When updating existing superluminal CM11 ROM:
4) install cm-11-xxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-kiton.zip (select from storage or via adb sideload)
5) install gapps (if you need/like)
5.1) Gapps can be downloaded from various sources. For example from here
7) profit 😉
NOTE: All changes in system partition are lost when you update ROM. (e.g. lenovo camera addon)
Performance profiles explained
- Power save: Max CPU 1.2Ghz, slower CPU governor. If battery level <15% keylights are turned off and screen maximum brightness is limited. This is normally good enough for normal use.
- Balanced: Max CPU 1.9Ghz, balanced CPU & GPU governors. If more performance needed, use this mode (e.g. heavy web sites).
- Performance: Max CPU 2.1GHz, balanced CPU governor, performance GPU governor. This is good mode for heavy gaming.
Battery saving tips
1) Use ‘Power save’ profile, when ever possible.
2) Set screen brightness as low as suitable for you.
3) Set screen off max CPU in ‘ROM Extra Settings’ to as low as suitable for you. e.g. I have set this to 883Mhz
4) When not in use (e.g. nights), turn off data (mobile, wifi) and battery consuption will be VERY low.
5) Use Privacy Guard to disable wakeup, keep awake and location permission from apps/services you don’t need. This is really good battery saver! BUT if you disable from certain services that OS needs, some apps may malfuntion and consume even more battery.
See forum post “FAQ”
See forum post “Reporting Bugs”
We have spent enormous amount of time for porting this ROM.
All work is done in our spare time. We give this for you as free of charge.
Rom discussion and questions here
– Team Superluminal
* Your warranty is now void. *
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.