VoLTE and Band 12

Home Forums LeEco LE Pro 3 le_zl1 CM13 ROM VoLTE and Band 12

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  abel408 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

abel408
    Participant

Is there anything I need to do to enable voLTE and band 12? Neither seem to work out of the box. Band 12 is a must for me and everyone else on T-Mobile.

In the build.prop I found the following line:
    persist.volte_enalbed_by_hw=1

Is that supposed to read:
    persist.volte_enabled_by_hw=1

I changed it, but it didn’t really have an effect.

Thanks for all the work on this device! You guys are awesome!

zmanfarlee
    Participant

How do you know band 12 doesnt work? There is a radio you could flash on XDA but I would confirm it isnt working yet.

abel408
    Participant

I have yet to see band 12 since flashing this rom. I was able to get band 12 on the Chinese cm13 rom release. I didn’t even have to flash the US modem to get it to work.

Here is a test I did with a stock LeEco S3. I literally had the phones right next to each other with LTE discovery on. The top image is the S3 and the bottom image is running Team Superluminal CM13.
    LeEco S3
    LeEco Pro 3

Also, shouldn’t I see a 700 mhz option in the *#*#4636#*#* menu? My phone does not show this:

Here is the baseband version, although I’m pretty sure both modems show the same version:
    About Phone

I’ve already flashed the US modem linked in this thread at least 10 times. Maybe there is something wrong with that linked modem? This is after a complete clean wipe and format of the phone and a clean install of cm13. I’ll be willing to help troubleshoot in any way possible. Band 12 is a must for me.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  abel408.

abel408
    Participant

I can’t seem to edit my post, but I was able to fix my band 12 issue by flashing the NON-HLOS.img modem image that was linked from another thread on xda. Phone is working great now on band 12!

morphic
    Keymaster

I can’t seem to edit my post, but I was able to fix my band 12 issue by flashing the NON-HLOS.img modem image that was linked from another thread on xda. Phone is working great now on band 12!

Can you give link to NON-HLOS.img you flashed? I’ll include it in next build.
    Any other mods? Only NON-HLOS.img or all FW other files also?

abel408
    Participant

It’s extracted from the US ROM here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=601275311581036717

Both modem files are the same size. After flashing this extracted modem image, I also installed the app “Network Singal Guru” to check the status on band 12. It told me that band 12 was enabled, but I disabled it and enabled it anyway which forced a reboot. I’m not exactly sure what fixed it, but I am able to get band 12 in many areas now where I wasn’t getting any service at all before.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.