Upgrading Lollipop Bootloader to Nougat

Home Forums Xiaomi Mi4c libra LOS14 ROM Upgrading Lollipop Bootloader to Nougat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dernalis 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ismellblood
    Participant

I’ve seen a post on xda that has a firmware update based on the miui N beta, its supposed to upgrade your current bootloader to nougat, im just clarifying the steps so that my phone wont suffer another agonizing bootloop, so this is how i understand the steps, please correct me if im wrong.

Step 1: flash firmware update

Step 2: boot system

Step 3: flash a new recovery via adb fastboot

Is this how its supposed to be done?, my phone is unlocked officially btw.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  ismellblood.

rifqiay
    Participant

If your phone was unlocked with official method, you can try to flash the EU Nougat ROM first (8.2.3.0) then check the bootloader status again via fastboot. It must be still unlocked btw. After that, flash the N recovery then you can flash the other custom ROM with Nougat bootloader.

I’m not really sure to only flash the “firmware” from that site, ’cause i’m too afraid to facing the bootloop haha. But, i think if you still want to flash that N firmware, you don’t have to reboot the system after flash it. That firmware size is less than 50MB, so after flash it, you can wipe cache/dalvik, and then flash the N Twrp. If the N TWRP flashed sucessfully, you can reboot the device, but reboot it to the recovery again, then flash that custom ROM with Nougat bootloader. If you reboot into the system before flash the custom ROM, maybe you’ll just stuck at Mi Logo *CMIIW :)

ismellblood
    Participant

I already flashed it, thanks anyway, got bricked though the first time cuz i updated the firware first without downloading the TWRP and rom, after the firmware update i had to unlock it again, doesnt really matter if you unlocked it officially, it will still get locked after the update but you can easily unlock it again if you already have permission from xiaomi and RR is based on Lineage but its way more smoother.

dernalis
    Participant

Last Official Lineage, from lineage-14.1-20170816, working with both bootloaders.

Once upgraded TS ROM should solve all issues with Nougat Bootloader.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.