Reporting Bugs

Home Forums Lenovo Vibe Z k910 CM12.1 ROM Reporting Bugs

This topic contains 259 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Hyperfly 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 260 total)
  • Author

morphic
    Keymaster

Reporting Bugs:

Carefully describe how to reproduce the bug, if possible.

1) Grab a logcat right after/during the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you’re doing.)

in case of modem bugs, also “logcat -b radio” is needed. If possible log must be captured all way from boot.

2) If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Look for /data/anr and /data/tombstones directories for crash logs to share.

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more changes there are we can reproduce bug and possible fix it. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow:

What is your phone model (K910, K910L, K910e, etc..)

– ROM Version

Are you using:

– Any kind of task killer.
    – Xposed
    – Dual SIM.
    – other modifications; Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed.

Upload logs to for example pastebin or any filesharing service and post logs in this forum or send to me: morphic.ts (a) gmail.com

ydd
    Participant

cm-12.1-20150712-UNOFFICIAL-kiton
    cannot enter Settings / Security – error and Settings is closed

morphic
    Keymaster

cm-12.1-20150712-UNOFFICIAL-kiton
    cannot enter Settings / Security – error and Settings is closed

Do you have any mods, themes, xposed, etc..?
    Any change to get logcat output?

Just tried, works here, see attached image.

Attachments:
    1. 2015-07-17-04.09.20

2015-07-17-04.09.20.png

ydd
    Participant

nothing, fresh install, first run

ydd
    Participant

but I run without SIM cards inserted, will try with them later today

ydd
    Participant

tried with 2 SIMs inserted – still error

morphic
    Keymaster

tried with 2 SIMs inserted – still error

Any change for logcat??

ydd
    Participant

don’t know yet how to use it, I will study and reply
    for now – I installed CyanogenMod 11 – and same problem to access Settings / Security

ydd
    Participant

please check attached log

Attachments:
    1. logcat.txt.zip

morphic
    Keymaster

It looks like keystore service is not running for some reason. Task killer?
    Might be also lang specific stuff, what language you are using?

Crash would be easy to fix, but it’s more like hiding the fact that keystore service is not running, even though it should be.

Anyway, I can include fix for crash in next build.

ydd
    Participant

for test – I reinstalled CM12, first run, skip all steps in Wizard, run Settings, and I’m getting error when open Security menu
    I use English / United States, but I’m from Ukraine.
    I cannot find keystore app. Most close is: Key Chain

ydd
    Participant

found one more problem – system restart when I try to uninstall any app
    maybe it is the same reason
    log is attached

Attachments:
    1. logcat.txt1.zip

surfturtle
    Participant

The phone suddenly shuts down and does not power on by pressing the power button. It does not respond no matter how long I press the power button however it starts to respond once I connect it to charger. This happens even when battery it full. Once I connect to the charger it is able to power up again and I notice that some of the settings of some Apps are lost but others are retained. Also it shows the “Android is starting, optimizing app 1 or 125”.

I found traces in /data/anr but tombstones directories were empty also i got logcat just incase.

morphic
    Keymaster

found one more problem – system restart when I try to uninstall any app
    maybe it is the same reason

Exactly same problem, keystore service is not running. So it crashes PackageManager. No idea though, what might cause keystore service not to start.

Can you post logcat all way from boot?

morphic
    Keymaster

The phone suddenly shuts down and does not power on by pressing the power button. It does not respond no matter how long I press the power button however it starts to respond once I connect it to charger.

That’s strange. Logs didn’t show anything special..
    Can you reproduce it some how? Is it always when using same app? Or random? How often?

Random crashes are extremely hard to debug/fix.. Without possibility to repro it, almost impossible to fix. I have not have random crashes for months now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 260 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.