Pokemon GO and root access in CM13.1

Home Forums Xiaomi Mi4c libra General Discussion Pokemon GO and root access in CM13.1

This topic contains 41 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  vondes 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

willeo
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Any experiences of the latest Pokemon GO 0.37, expected to block users with root access?

Any proven workarounds for TSL CM 13.1?

Namely, my kids use CM13.1 for Pokemon GO, and I’d rather be proactive now in order to avoid an ultimate outcry. (Shame on you, Niantic!)

Some discussion:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/525iwt/i_may_have_found_a_workaround_for_the_pok%C3%A9mon_go/

tuanhung303
    Participant

I found that unroot then reroot with Magisk is much harder on CM13 than AOSPA. However, I got boot loop when trying to implement Magisk Systemless root on AOSPA while it is possible to do full systemless superuser on MIUI 8.

I guess the AOSPA rom relies on some Super User modules.

Hope TS team can help us.

addelol
    Participant

How you unroot on CM13, any method don’t works for me really

ding-dong
    Participant

Hi TS,

Me and other users of cm 13.1 would like to ask if theres a chance to hide root of the rom or maybe how to play pokemon go in cm 13.1 on rooted device like we have (Mi4c)

Hoping and Looking forward for a response to this kind of problem.

Thanks! and awesome team! Thumb UP!

ding-dong
    Participant

i want to ask TS if this link in youtube will work on cm 13.1 with super su and exposed installed?

thanks!

bankov
    Participant

I managed to remove root very easy, and the game now works for me.
    All you need is root browser and supersu from the store.
    1. download them
    2. Open supersu and grand root accsess
    3.Open Root browser and go to system/xbin and delete busybox and su files
    4. Go to supersu and from setting make full unroot. Maybe the app will crash.
    5. You are done, no need to restart.

asurus
    Participant

Ok i have unrooted my phone. How can i get back root?

bankov
    Participant

Just flash the latest rom( no wipes) like update and you are back on with root.

Frolax
    Participant

Hi, I’ve found what you can unroot by installing SuperSU app (with enabled root in developer options of the phone), and then choosing Full unroot in SuperSU and rebooting. After that PokemonGo works, but root access is lost, so I don’t really like this option. Tried to install Magisk, but it results in a bootloop, maybe because my CM13.1 is dirty flashed to earlier build, anyone tried it with a clean and latest CM?

ding-dong
    Participant

is this gonna work if you also have exposed framework installed?

asurus
    Participant

Ok latestet rom flashing could be an option 😀
    That about Omni and AOSPA? Work your method with them too?
    After i unroot, can i root again with SuperSU in TS extra?

Frolax
    Participant

It should from that I’ve heard (do not have Exposed installed), but you can’t change/add new modules because it requires a root.

Frolax
    Participant

Using only CM13, so we need someone else’s help with other ROMs)
    SuperSU needs root to be functional, so after unrooting you have to reroot by other means first (reflash ROM or use rooting app like Kingroot).

asurus
    Participant

Does anyone already tested?

fuckoff
    Participant

I read that the bootloop might be caused by the boot.img not being compressed with gzip. Not sure what validity this claim has, but there is a issue on the MagiskManager github page (https://github.com/topjohnwu/MagiskManager/issues/6). Regardless I also get a bootloop when flashing Magisk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.